Custom Date Format for REST API in Camunda 7.4

Hello everyone,

we need a custom date format for the REST API as we are running in timezone problems with the default.
I found the following documentation for Camunda 7.4 specifically: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.4/reference/rest/overview/date-format/
The problem is: it doesn’t work.
I did a very short search through github and as far as I can tell, the class org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.CustomJacksonDateFormatListener is only available from 7.5 onwards.
Is there any patch available that brings the REST API up to date to the documentation?

Best regards,
Marcus

Hi,

the Custom Date Format was included in Camunda 7.4.2. Camund patch releases are only available for enterprise customer.

Cheers,
Sebastian

HI Marcus,

Your findings are correct. The docs that you found consider a fix in a 7.4 patch release that is available as part of the Camunda BPM enterprise offering.

Cheers,
Thorben

Its a shame that this is not available in 7.4.0 for CE, but thanks for the quick replies.

Hi Marcus,

as this Bug was fixed 2 months after the 7.4.0 Release there is no way to include it in the 7.4.0 Release. :wink:

Also it is part of the 7.5.0 Release.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I can definitely understand that and “shame” was probably a bit too harsh. :blush:
I was just a bit disappointed / confused to find out about that after I tried it, because the documentation made it look like it was supported in 7.4.0.
But that is another issue already addressed in another topic. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Marcus