Assigning task to user from embedded forms

Hi!

First of all, I don’t know if this is possible to do, but I’d like to be able to change the task assignee from the embedded forms. This is what I’ve tried:

• Add an HTML select and an ‘Assign’ button
  • Fill the select with the values returned by the REST API call /user/get
  • When the user clicks on the ‘Assign’ button, I do a call to POST /task/:id/assignee, which returns a successful response

I have the following problems:

• Once I change the assignee, would it be possible to reload the task list to show the changes?
  • Although the assign call finishes correctly, the task is assigned to nobody instead of the selected user…

If this is not possible, is there any alternative way? I only need to be able to assign a task to an specific user, but I couldn’t find anything in the docs…

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Other than reloading the page or creating another “hack”, it is not possible to influence Tasklist from within embedded forms.

It should be a POST request, not a get request. Could you provide details of the request as it is performed in the browser (Developer Console > Network)?

KR
Martin

Hi,

I realized that clicking on the assignee name lets me type the user ID to change it, so it’s what I needed.

Cheers,

Hi!

Sorry, I meant POST instead of GET (I use GET to retrieve a list of the users from the DB and I mistyped it in the question, but internally I’m using POST).

Anyway, I found a way to change the assignee without messing with code, but thanks for your suggestions and time!

Cheers,