Batch configuration by batch type

Hi,
I’d like to configure invocationsPerBatchJobByBatchType as per Batch | docs.camunda.org
I’m using Spring boot starter with Camunda 7.15, but I’m using .properties file instead of yaml.
Is it possible to configure this property there? Or do I need to use yaml?

When I tried to specify it in the properties, the number got treated as String (for all generic properties actually) and I ran into the following exception during batch creation: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.batch.builder.BatchBuilder.calculateInvocationsPerBatchJob(BatchBuilder.java:214) at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.batch.builder.BatchBuilder.configure(BatchBuilder.java:132) at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.batch.builder.BatchBuilder.build(BatchBuilder.java:96)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone struggles with this issue - the best workaround is using .yaml on top of .properties for other things or switching to yaml completely.
GenericProperties have private Map<String, Object> properties where the properties are put into, but since everything is String by default in .properties, it’s propagated further as such causing the issue.