Bundling/Deploying a .war file with the new Camunda Modeler

Hi all,

I am wondering how to bundle my bpmn diagrams into a deployable war file (for use on an apache server) now that the eclipse plug-in is depreciated. Is that possible through the new modeler? Or is the modeler supposed to be a front-end ui that is used on top of Eclipse+maven.

If that is the case, I would highly suggest being able to package bpmn into war files from within the new modeler. That would be awesome!

Thank you!

I don’t think it makes a lot of sense to shift responsibility for creating a war file to the modeler.
It wouldn’t have any context of any additional components beyond the .bpmn/.dmn/.cmmn files. It’s the IDE that would have the project context needed to produce the file.

That said - deploying a model from the modeler is a different question and certainly achievable. Because the engine has a create deployment rest call, it would make it pretty easy to deploy models to the platform. The caveat is of course that the model either shouldn’t require any additional artifacts OR those artifacts already exist somewhere on the container.

In fact bit of a proof of concept has already been creating that implements it. You can check it out here: https://github.com/polenz/camunda-resource-deployer-js-example/tree/master/bpmn-modeler

2 Likes

Thanks Niall! I understand why it is kept in Eclipse now. Your solution works perfectly for my application since all of the artifacts already exist on the container.