Call activity should not wait for called process completion in the main process is that possible

Call activity should not wait for called process (child process) completion in the main process is that possible (it just need to trigger the child process and move further instead of waiting for child process completion)…

You can do that by using a message event to start the process rather than a call activity.

1 Like

Thank you Nialll… as per I know message event we need to create java class also but call activity no need to create any java class. please correct me if I am missing anything.

Hi @venky1982,

You can set implementation to Expression and use an expression similar to below example expression to start a process by message “message_invoiceReceived”.
#{execution.getProcessEngineServices().getRuntimeService().createMessageCorrelation('message_invoiceReceived').setVariable("invoiceId", "123456").correlate()}

1 Like

Thank you so much hassang, and also please let us know if we need to send multiple variables then how can we send… the one we got is for single variable sending right…

Hi @venky1982,
It is a fluent API so you can define complex message correlation in one shot.
You can simply call setVariable() method several times as needed.

#{execution.getProcessEngineServices().getRuntimeService().createMessageCorrelation('message_invoiceReceived').setVariable("<VAR1>", "<VALUE1>").setVariable("<VAR2>", "<VALUE2>").correlate()}