CAM API Clarification

Hi ,

I would like to know how CamAPI calls the rest API.
For example : camAPI.resource(‘process-definition’); calls a rest API process-definition from camunda engine platform.
Could some one please explain how can we identify the entry point of the rest api. ? How it is binded with CAMAPI. ?

Better if some one explains with camAPI.resource(‘filter’);

Regards
Ajr

Hi ,

Also could like to know about the following LOC

var Filter = camAPI.resource(‘process-definition’)
Filter.save(toSave, function(err, filterResponse)

It is better if some one can expain how the call is going to process engine , Which method is get invoked

Regards
Ajr

Hi folks ,

Can anyone explain @CamundaQueryParam what this anotation meant for. Does it copies the JSON filter query to corresponding variables ?

Regards
Ajr

Hi ,

Requesting guidance .

Regrads

Ajr

Hi,

What is the use case behind these questions? What are you trying to achieve?

If this is just about understanding the code without a specific goal, I suggest you start reading and debugging it. There should be plenty of test cases for all our projects that you could use as a starting point. I’m sorry that we can’t explain it in detail to you in this forum.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi @thorben ,

What is the use case behind these questions? What are you trying to achieve?

Actually am trying to extend the filter criteria to show completed task in task list(Support only for embeded forms ). I have added one boolean filter in filters. My idea is to query tasks based on this parameter. when we add completed task filter, engine will query data from HISTORY table and if it is not given it will query from running instance table. But the real issue am facing now is that am not yet able to understand the code flow, based on some understanding i have added some code in TaskQueryImpl , TaskQuerydto , TaskQuery and JsonTaskQueryConverter to save completed task query in filter table ,but am not able to achieve that.

It will be really helpful if i get some experts opinion.

Thanks
Ajr

Hi @thorben @StephenOTT @aakhmerov @sebastian.stamm @vale ,

Any suggestions will be helpful .

Thanks
Ajr

Hi @Ajr,

Your use case, showing completed task forms, goes beyond the platform’s current feature set. You can either build this yourself or open a feature request in our JIRA. Building this yourself is not trivial as it requires extending Tasklist, REST API and Java API filter implementation. It may also not be a good idea as you risk becoming incompatible with future Camunda version. Please understand that we cannot walk you through this in the context of this forum. That would require significant time effort as Camunda is a complex project and we prefer spending that time on developing new features. If you have a concrete question on a code snippet, feel free to post it and ask a question as precise as possible related to that code snippet. We’ll try to answer that as good as possible.

Cheers,
Thorben

Thanks @thorben ,

Finally i am able to achieve what i have planned for. I have successfully listed completed task form in task list.(Some minor bugs are still pending) .

Thanks for your support

Thanks
Ajr