Camunda 8 Platform

Hey :slight_smile:
I’d like to ask about the Optimize in context of Camunda 7 and its Cockpit webapp.

I’ve seen that the one is able to use self-managed Optimize application within Camunda 8 Platform ecosystem, but it has to be non-commercial use. I’m concerned about that part.

At that point we’re using Cockpit as a monitoring tool that let’s us see how many and which processes are running, where are runtime tokens placed at, what variables are used in which process instances, where incidents have occured etc.

• Is Optimize the only way at Camunda 8 Platform for monitoring processes same as Cockpit is in 7th version?
  • Is Optimize fully for a non-commercial use at free license or is it just similar to the Cockpit’s license (basic options available for free + some additional features available at enterprise level such as migrations, BPMN heatmaps etc.)?
  • If above is true, will it be some way in future to get those readonly basic monitoring features as Cockpit had for free, but commercial use?

Best regards,
Gregory

Hey @vvgee

Camunda Optimize is used for process analysis to gain insights to optimize your processes. That goes for both Camunda 7 and Camunda 8.

Camunda 7 has Cockpit which is for management / monitoring (as you describe).
Camunda 8 has an application called Operate which is the equivalent of Camunda 7 Cockpit.

If you want to use Camunda 8 Optimize or Camunda 8 Operate for commercial use, you need a license. The only component you may use as an open source component is the Zeebe broker (and still with some limitations - check out the Zeebe license)

Hope that helps.

BR
Michael

2 Likes

Oh yes, @mimaom I meant Operate of course :slight_smile:

Thank You for Your answer :wink: