Camunda User task and UI integration

Hi All,

I am new to Camunda and BPMN and currently evaluating which technology i shall go for my use case.
Use Case description:
Need to have a flow consisting of multiple activities some will be user automated and some may be user driven.User driven tasks will have Configurable substeps.To be manually performed by asignee(With save and exit to execute later).
So my questions are :slight_smile:

1. Can we have configurable number of substeps to be manually performed in Camunda.
    2.How these configurable substeps or rules can be configured?
    3.Is it possible to drive such kind of user tasks with Custom UI may be in angular?
    4.If yes how will the UI(Assuming via REST) interacts with the intermediate substeps and control(Stop.Start) them as well.

@kallmekunal Welcome to the forum, Camunda provides out of the box features like, Persistence Strategy based on the following concepts - Compact Tables, Deadlock Avoidance, Control Savepoints, Intelligent Caching, True Concurrency.

Additionally camunda provides extending the core process engine via process engine plugins to add custom behavior to the engine, so that way you can customize and build the custom process engine.

Below posts will help you in understanding camunda bpm and suitability for your business needs.

For overview of the BPMN 2.0 elements and the current coverage of the process engine: BPMN 2.0 Implementation Reference | docs.camunda.org

you can can configure any number of substeps in camunda.

Refer the below post:

Refer the below posts:

Finally, to setup a camunda spring boot starter, use this builder to create camunda spring boot project:

Yes. you’re in right path. Rest API will do that REST API Reference | docs.camunda.org