Camunda workflow

Hi,

I have created a camunda flow and it has certain service tasks and they are calling the java code that I have written in eclipse IDE, I want to know if I can skip certain tasks in the bpmn flow without getting any particualr input from the Java code, as in , can the camunda flow skip some steps on its own with some internal conditions? ,without being dependent on the code to get the input just to skip the particular tasks I want to skip, Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

Yes, you can use the exclusive gateway: Exclusive gateway | Camunda Platform 8 Docs.

Josh

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response, I have previously been using the exclusive gateway, won’t it need some kind input to decide whether to skip the steps or not?, especially if we have a code associated with the flow?, if we look at an alternate just for the sake of the argument, is there any way to send the input through the Java code to the flow based on which it can skip the steps?

Yes, this is called the process variables. By setting variables in the process in Java code, either through job workers or through message correlation, the behaviour of the process is modified through exclusive gateways.

Josh

Thanks a lot for the clarification, would you also happen to have any example for this that you can share for me to refer to?

For Camunda 8 see here: Exclusive gateway | Camunda Platform 8 Docs

For Camunda 7 : Data-based Exclusive Gateway (XOR) | docs.camunda.org

Hope that helps!
Best, McAlm

1 Like