Camunda usage in Custom Application

Hi,

We want to use camunda in our custom application.
Please explain the flow when camunda is integrated with the custom application,
how this communication happens CustomUI - Camunda - Backend(i.e. Python).

Instead of storing the form submitted data into camunda, how can we store the data to our database through the camunda process.

Hi @Chalama_Reddy,

it highly depends on what you are trying to achieve, you could integrate with your application using REST API, or external tasks, or delegation

I am not sure I understand question properly

Instead of storing the form submitted data into camunda, how can we store the data to our database through the camunda process.

If you have a custom UI what prevents you from sending your data to your backend first and then your backend would pass it to the camunda engine using API.

Cheers,
Askar

Thanks Askar for the response.

My Question is, for example i want to view the records on page and edit the records on the custom UI.

Now the BPMN flow will be, when click on the process based on the form key camunda will provide the view page, but how to populate the records the page. Two ways i thought

1. After camunda provide the view page, the html will make a API call to populate data on the page.
  2. if not the first way, camunda will make Service API call to get the data and then provide that data to view page. In this case, i need to store the application data in process variable and then forward to user task to populate.

Which is the right approach.

In custom application implementation using camunda, we always store the application data in camunda and then from camunda using REST API wee will read and store to the our database.
Is this my understanding correct.

Can you please explain, how the flow will for storing and read data from database using camunda in custom application.

If I understand you correctly,
you want to process data from task form with your custom UI representation and after engine reached some certain point in process pass data to your application.

You can either obtain rendered form [1] or get variables only [2] and then submit your form data to the engine [3]. Some time later use external task to submit whatever data to your external system.