Can not differentiate between process definitions of different process engines

Hi,

I have a user defined in 2 process engines “process engine 1” and “process engine 2” with no tenants defined on them. I deployed 2 process definitions to each process engine. I set the value of the default tenant Id in the enviroment-config.yaml file (15.7 KB) , the report builder in Optimize puts all the process definitions with each other with no filter by tenant option to differentiate between the process definitions of the two process engines. see

both process engines are connected, see Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 5.14.45 PM

Is there something wrong with the configuration or is there something I am missing?

Hi @Abdelrahman_Ibrahim,

The tenant selection in the report template modal you see in the screenshot will appear once you have selected a definition, this is because Optimize first needs to retrieve all available tenants for the selected definition so it knows which tenants to include in the tenant selection dropdown (tenants on which the definition does not exist will not be available in the tenant selection, so each of your definitions should only either show the process engine 1 or the process engine 2 tenant in the selection).
I think the best way to be able to easily differentiate between the definitions is to give them each a different name though, that way you can select the right definition directly from the dropdown.

Alternatively, you could create a collection and specify a data source that only allows for one of your engine’s tenants. You will then be able to create reports in this collection for the specified data sources only, that way you could avoid the confusion around the duplicate definition names for the users.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi @Helene ,

Thank you for replying.

Unfortunately, this didn’t happen with me. when I selected the definition common name only the version drop down appears, see

If the tenant drop down appeared I would have recognized to which process engine this definition belongs.

I have a use case where I have N process definitions with the same name on N different process engines and I need to create a combined report. so when I add them as sources in a collection I cannot differentiate between them in the drop down of the report builder as the tenant drop down doesn’t appear.

Hi again,

sorry, I think I misunderstood your setup - I assumed the same definition exists once per tenant (/engine), but in your use case you deploy different definitions per engine that happen to have the same name right?
When a definition only exists on the default tenant, Optimize will hide the tenant selection - just as a convenience, the assumption being that there’s nothing to select from, so I think this is currently intended behaviour.
If you have a license you can create a support ticket for this, then the team can look into whether it makes sense to always display the tenant selection, even when there is only one tenant available.
In the meantime I’d recommend using different definition names. Or, if the definitions are the same, deploying the same definition on both engines (rather than deploying two different definitions with the same name on each engine), then you would only have one definition with two tenants to choose from in the report builder. You can then still create multiple reports on each definition, each using a different tenant as the data source.