Category for Community Projects?

Do you think it would make sense to create a category for community projects?

1 Like

Interesting idea, would that mean one category for all community projects or separate categories for each project?

I created the categories ‘Annoucements’ and ‘Community Plugins’. Imo the plugins could all go into one category atm, maybe when there is high demand for some plugin, create necessary sub-categories? WDYT?

Can we call it “Community Extensions”? I think that is the wording we use everywhere else.

In the community extensions I am involved in, we established good communication and discussion by using the github issues directly. So I would vote against an extra channel per extension by default. One group for extensions in general (propose, feature,…) should suffice.

Also keep in mind that with only two channels in google groups, we had a lot of noise in the dev forum already (x-posts, user-questions). If you are aiming for a more granular channel setup on discourse, you should have a clear guide to choose the right channel and moderators that close or move posts that do not fit. That being said: imo, less is more

I agree. We created a Category “Community Extensions” https://forum.camunda.io/c/community-extensions