Cawemo, element properties, Modeler roundtrip

Hello folks,

Anyone using Cawemo for collaboration involving both developers and business analysts?

How do you work around Cawemo’s missing element properties tab?

The good thing is that Cawemo won’t change existing properties. They survive the roundtrip just fine. More specifically, this is what I did:

• New diagram in Cawemo
  • Exported to BPMN xml
  • Opened with Camunda Modeler and added properties to the elements
  • Imported in Cawemo as a new diagram, edited some more
  • Exported, and element properties are still there

But Cawemo won’t let me import an update to an existing diagram. Importing a xml will result in a new diagram.

Also, a user could export a diagram for annotation (with element properties) while another user continues to work on it in Cawemo. Then we’ll end up with conflicting versions and no obvious means to merge them.

Anyone dealing with these scenarios/workflows?

Am I missing something?

Hints or pointers greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reading this far! :slight_smile:

Nuba Princigalli

2 Likes

Hi Nuba,

This is Cornelius from the Cawemo team. Perfect timing! We have plans to make the handover between Cawemo and the Camunda modeler smoother and essentially provide a syncing mechanism in Q3/Q4 2018. If you have any valuable feedback how this should ideally work from your perspective, we’d appreciate an email from you: support@cawemo.com

Best regards
Cornelius

1 Like

Hi,

Can I share a model made in Cawemo including comments to someone who doesn’t have a Cawemo account?
I Share it as a link but the comments don’t seem to be available.

Thanks!

Hi,

Accessing comments does require a Cawemo account. To invite new collaborators to your project, you just need their email address. Signing up for Cawemo is free.

Best regards
Cornelius

1 Like

Hi Nuba,

Andreas here from the Cawemo team. You might be happy to hear that we just released the feature you requested. It is now possible to upload diagrams from the Camunda Modeler directly into an existing diagram in Cawemo.

In the diagram menu (next to your diagram’s name in the breadcrumbs) we’ve added an option “Replace via Upload”, which let’s you select and upload a valid BPMN diagram from your computer. Alternatively, you could just drag-and-drop the file on your diagram’s workspace. Cawemo will create a milestone and than replace your current diagram with the one you uploaded.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Andreas

3 Likes

I am writing because i have the question about is possible create a project, subproject o simply a folder to group a set of diagrams in cawemo or camunda

Cawemo does not (yet) provide a way to organize diagrams in sub-folders. You can group them by “projects” though, which are like folders.