Complicated form in Camunda Modeler

I wanna to use Camunda Modeler to create a complicated form cards for User Tasks consist about 20-30-50 fields divided in several tabs. Many cards will contain the same fields and fields groups. I wanna to have an ability to create and reuse fields groups or somewhat liked on fields groups. How can organize process with Modeler? What is the appropriate template? Or maybe you can recommend another tool?

I have a variant of template, but it’s not clear for me now. The complicated form will be divided into several tabs. For example the card consists in 2 Tabs: Tab1 and Tab2. Then I can suppose that the card with active Tab1 is one state of the card, and the same card with active Tab2 - the another state. And then I can configure a scenario for each tab and transitions between tabs. Does it look believable?

would build a Angular based form, or use a third party tooling and connect them together such as Form Builder (Drag and Drop) + Form Server Validations

Hi Stephen! Thank you for replay. I’ve looked your reference. Am I right, you suggest to have three tools: Modeler for BPM definition, Formio for view and something else to store document structure in my case? It’s look simple with simple forms, but want I can to do If document structure is tree of fields? I wanna all three tools in one :slight_smile: Okey - only first and last. Any ideas?

@StephenOTT, as digitalstate maintainer, can you recommend a docker image to review your platform?

There is docker images on docker hub and see the platform repo for a ansible development env. But for your specific usecase, it sounds like you would be better to install Formio server locally and then have your Camunda angular form call that server

1 Like

Another consideration is your form sounds like it’s a fairly complex form in terms of number of fields and it’s specific design. A alternative pattern would be to use the external form pattern (see form docs on Camunda), to build your form as a self contained app that has communication back to Camunda api. Generally I would say that using the external form pattern is easier than trying to integrate a new form system such as formio