Connecting camunda cockpit to multiple engines having different datasources

We are building a multi tenant system where each tenant has its own sql datastore for camunda engine.

1. Is it possible to have it in a single jvm?
  2. Is there a way we can connect cockpit to multiple engines each having different datasource?

In the camunda enterprise edition war shared, there is an applicationContext.xml where we can define the datasource. Is it possible to make multiple entries there?

Hello @chirag ,

when creating multiple engines, they will require different names each.

This name is part of the context path of the Camunda 7 apps.

So, you will not be able to view all data at the same time, but you can switch context.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

Is there an example/documentation on how to do this?

We don’t want to view data for all engines at the same time. We want to switch the context between different engines.

Hi @chirag,

This is possible if you use the shared process engine (available for Tomcat or Wildfly, not Spring-Boot), configure multiple process engines (Multi-Tenancy | docs.camunda.org) and use the cockpit to switch between the engines: Dashboard | docs.camunda.org

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hey @Ingo_Richtsmeier ,

We tested this in local setup with camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.14.0 which was successful. But in production we are using camunda-webapp-tomcat-standalone-7.13.0.war. In this version there is applicationContext.xml instead of bpm-platform.xml and server.xml.

Can you tell how to add multiple datasource in applicationContext.xml.

Hi @riya,

I think that it is not possible with the camunda-webapp-tomcat-standalone.war.

But maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know if the process engine needs this hardwired ID. If yes, only this process engine is possible.

If not, you can define several beans with different IDs to serve several datasources.

Hope this helps, Ingo