Custom BPMN Deployment

Is it possible to have a custom BPMN deployer and deployed in camunda 7? An example of what I am looking for is below:

Assume I have a BPMN diagram with custom Java Event handlers. What the deployer would do is to check at deployment time if these classes are available and if not, either “warn” or “fail” the deployment.

Hi @Seshagiri_Sriram and welcome to the forum,

You can check this already during testing. During integration testing, you can check whether these event handlers have been implemented.
Alternatively, it may be possible to work with Parse Listeners:

Hi @StephanHaarmann Thank you for the response.

I would be interested in knowing more about how this can be done. We did try with Parse Listeners (BTW, we implemented our “fair-policy” task assigner based on existing work loads if un-assigned). In our case, we do not want the process to be deployed in first place itself. Any workarounds or can we stop a process from starting at all? The latter will also work for us as we can write a Parse Listener to see if event handlers are defined and if not, stop the event from proceeding.

Hi @Seshagiri_Sriram,

My idea was the following that in the code of the event handlers, you create a process model test and check whether all necessary implementations are available. If not, you must not deploy. This would be more of a manual workaround.

Thanks @StephanHaarmann. That works for us.