Data process handle

Hi all,

I have a question related to data in the process instance.
Situation: We start a process by message has input data is an array of objects.
I handle it fine until the end of the process instance, I got an error below:
ERROR org.camunda.bpm.engine.context - ENGINE-16004 Exception while closing command context: ENGINE-03004 Exception while executing Database Operation ‘INSERT HistoricVariableUpdateEventEntity[e33478dc-2dfb-11eb-87c8-d46d6db85ae2]’ with message ’

Error flushing statements. Cause: org.apache.ibatis.executor.BatchExecutorException: org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity.HistoricDetailEntity.insertHistoricVariableUpdateEvent (batch index #2) failed. 1 prior sub executor(s) completed successfully, but will be rolled back. Cause: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 insert into ACT_HI_DETAIL

ERROR: value too long for type character varying(4000) Call getNextException to see other errors in the batch.

I understand that the error occurs due to the data is too long to insert into the history database.
In my business requirement, I can’t change the input data and can’t use any MQ external system to stand middle.
Have anyone can give me advice?
Thank you very much.

Can you take a look at the Style Guide? It’ll help you understand how to format code correctly and also help you create questions that are easy to understand and also easier to answer :slight_smile: