Dynamic options in select with Camunda 8

Hello,

I’m trying to populate a select in a Form with dynamic options. I can get the options from a HTTP request and store them in a variable. However I don’t understand how to bind them to my select dynamically.

I’ve seen this section about options source, but it mentions an " Input values key property within the Dynamic Options configuration group" that I’ve not been able to find in the select configuration options:

I’ve seen other questions around this topic, but they are related to Camunda 7, and don’t seem to apply.

So my question is: How should I do this (fetch options with a HTTP request, store them “somewhere” and bind that “somewhere” to my select so those options are displayed to the user)?

Hello @tgomezgil ,

which versions of the modeler do you use?

Current version is 5.4.1 which contains the latest features (and Options source is one of them).

Jonathan

Hello @jonathan.lukas. I’m using the Modeler in the cloud (https://modeler.cloud.camunda.io/), so I’d say it’s the latest one :thinking:

Hello @tgomezgil ,

I tried it myself and I can confirm. I just asked the cloud team which version of the forms-modeler runs in the background.

Jonathan

1 Like

Hello @tgomezgil ,

I got the confirmation that it will take some weeks to roll out this new feature to cloud.

However, the Desktop modeler already has it enabled! :slight_smile: You can use it there.

Jonathan

1 Like

Hello again, @jonathan.lukas,

Indeed, I’ve been able to see that option in the Desktop Modeler. However, I now struggle to execute that model. Should I be able to import the form with the select with dynamic options in the Cloud Modeler and sur it in my Cloud Cluster (with Zeebe 8.0.7)?

Otherwise, how should I proceed to actually run this form with dynamic options in the select component?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @tgomezgil ,

after creating the process (in which the form will be embedded), you can upload this to the cloud modeler.

From there, you can deploy it to your cluster.

Jonathab