ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process - Cannot resolve 'tFormalExpression'

Getting below error, attaching the bpmn xml & pom file.

RulesExecutionProcess.bpmn (7.5 KB) pom.xml (2.1 KB)

<bpmn:sequenceFlow id=“_6” sourceRef=“sourcefacilityCheck” targetRef=“determineSourceFacility”>
<bpmn:conditionExpression xsi:type=“tFormalExpression”></bpmn:conditionExpression>
</bpmn:sequenceFlow>

• cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘bpmn:conditionExpression’

What exactly did you use to make this model and what do you did which causes the error to occur?

@Siva_Kumar1 It looks like you’ve configured conditions for both the sequence flows followed by exclusive gateway.

Both the conditions are same :frowning:

<bpmn:sequenceFlow id="_5" sourceRef="sourcefacilityCheck" targetRef="EndEvent_1xc52hi">
      <bpmn:conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression"><![CDATA[${facilityassigned == 'true'}]]></bpmn:conditionExpression>
    <bpmn:sequenceFlow id="_6" sourceRef="sourcefacilityCheck" targetRef="determineSourceFacility">
      <bpmn:conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression"><![CDATA[${facilityassigned == 'true'}]]></bpmn:conditionExpression>

Just remove one of the condition it will work

BPMN modeler - IntelliJ plugin and the error throws up while starting the springboot app

I don’t think the parser cares about logical errors; Logical error should only be a concern at runtime. The error is same irrespective of the values

If you’re trying to open the bpmn files from Eclipse, it won’t work. It’s deprecated.

@Siva_Kumar1 Which version of camunda modeller are you using?

Sorry, I thought the plug-in was Camunda but just noticed that it is activiti designer plugin (ver 3.E-8)

Activiti Designer plugin for Intellij Idea. Initial version.

But does the modeler matter ? I am of the opinion that the XML has got something wrong not sure if this has any bearing the modeler being used ?

The modeler has a pretty big impacts especially when you’re building executable models.
You should really only use Camunda’s modeler when adding execution semantics to a model that you plan on executing with our engine.

Understood. Will try out with camunda modeler shortly. But for now, by looking at the bpmn xml, can you help highlight the issue with the way the conditional expression is coded, that results in parsing error ? as a quick feedback ?

I would suggest you try to model exactly the same thing again with the Camunda modeler and see if the error persists.

The issue got resolved with below snippet generated from Camunda modeler. The ‘xsi:type’ expected is ‘bpmn:tFormalExpression’ while the IDE plugin generated it as just ‘tFormalExpression’

<bpmn:sequenceFlow id="_6" sourceRef="sourcefacilityCheck" targetRef="determineSourceFacility">
  <bpmn:conditionExpression xsi:type="bpmn:tFormalExpression"><![CDATA[${facilityassigned == 'false'}]]></bpmn:conditionExpression>