Reusable sub process

Hi,

Is there a way to configure that the main process to continue after triggering sub process through call activity and sub process is not needed to return back to main process after completion??

Thanks & Regards,
Devakumar J

Hi @Devakumar_Jayaraman,

can you achieve it using parallel gateway? https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.5/reference/bpmn20/gateways/parallel-gateway/

Cheers,
Askar

1 Like

Hi Askar,

The use case is the main process has to call another process before completion. Once sub-process triggered, the main process has to proceed without waiting for sub-process and get completed.

Is there any config available with call Activity?? I am not sure that i can acheive this with parallel gateway.

Thanks & Regards,
Devakumar J

Hi Devakumar Jayaraman,
As @aakhmerov suggested
Parallel Gateway should do your requirement…
You should have a fork Parallel Gateway where there are
2 outgoing sequence flows. One would call the sub process through Call Activity & the other would continue the main process.
Note that all outgoing sequence flows are executed in parallel which is your requirement.

Hi @hassang, Looks like it is not working as expected. When one path reaching End Node, the whole process is getting completed and flushed to database. In other path, sub-process is not at all getting triggered. I have used Parallel Gateway, one flow connecting End Node and other flow connecting sub-process Node.

Hi @Devakumar_Jayaraman
Can you please share your bpmn file or an image of your bpmn model?

1 Like