File variable download and upload on the same embedded form

Hi All,

I’m trying to set up two controls for one File variable on the same embedded form, like this:

<div class="form-group row">
        <label  class="col-sm-4 col-form-label">Input file:</label>
        <div class="col-sm-8">
            <a cam-file-download="input_file" ng-model="input_file_download"></a>
        </div>
        <input type="file"
               ng-model="input_file_upload"
               cam-variable-name="input_file"
               cam-variable-type="File"
               cam-max-filesize="10000000" />
    </div>

But I’m getting error Form failure: Cannot add variable with name input_file: already exists.
Is it possible to place File upload button and download link on the same form?

I don’t have the answer for this form field, but if you get stuck and need a option:

https://github.com/StephenOTT/camunda-formio-plugin#file-uploads

The out-of-box file upload function provides upload and download functionality. To have files available for download you just need to pre-populate a form variable as a base64.

Hi Stephen,
Thank you, it looks very attractive, I should definitely study it in more detail.

Hi Stephen,

thats really impressive!
Unfortunately, I’m not so familiar with gradle/kotlin/springboot etc. I’ve managed to run formio in embedded form, but I can’t understand how to build and register your plugins in the right way.

This is what I did (I’m using Camunda Run EE): I’ve copied font-awesome-4.7.0/., builder.html, formio.html and formio.full-4.11.3.min.css into internal/webapps/static/forms folder and restarted my Camunda Run server. As the result, I can open http://localhost:8080/forms/builder.html to run local formio builder, and I can use embedded:/forms/formio.html?path=/forms/myform.json as form key in my user task.

But I understand that I can’t use Server validation feature as well as Get-Form-Variables Command Security, because required plugins are not installed.
Can you make a short guide how to correctly build the plugins for Camunda Run spring boot, and how to install them correctly?

Thank you and regards,
Alexei

Ya I will add a doc on how to use with run.

Based on this: Plugins for Camunda BPM Run

We just need to generate you a additional jar for spring boot usage with the annotation.

@Alexei you should be able to modify the processes.xml / bpm-processes.xml file similar to:

and then configure the file as:

@StephenOTT above you have mentioned:
“Ya I will add a doc on how to use with run.
We just need to generate you a additional jar for spring boot usage with the annotation.”
Can you please let me know if this is done? We are using Camunda BPM Run and we are not sure how “camunda-formio-plugin” should be used in that case. Thanks a lot!