Element templates Java classes

Hey there,

I planned to provide Element templates for some camunda service tasks and while testing and playing around I recognised two things:

1. Why do templates for camunda:executionListener have to be declared as hidden? I would prefer a way where I can (maybe) predefine an execution listener but still leave the bpmn designer the opportunity to change the attached class.

2. Why is the classname not added to the xml code correctly? If I use the following code in my json template:
    {
    “label”: “PreCondition”,
    “type”: “Hidden”,
    “editable”: true,
    “binding”: {
    “type”: “camunda:executionListener”,
    “class”: “Classname”,
    “event”: “start”
    }
    },

the output looks like this:
<camunda:executionListener event=“start” />

Is the implementation for the templates only provided for scripts and not for java classes?

Best regards,
Hendrik

As of now execution listeners are regarded as an implementation detail that modelers should not be required to see or configure. If they wanted to have full control, they could just edit the listeners manually, too.

What would be the use-case of an execution listener that has to be there but may be totally configurable by the guy modeling?

Thanks for the feedback.

In my project I am thinking about providing a library of predefined tasks. So for the library I will have tasks with predefined execution listeners, java delegates and parameter sets. The person modelling the final plan might change a execution listener to a more advanced (self implemented) version.

But I guess I will have to adapt the modeler anyway, to make it suit my needs.
I hope I will find a way to do so if I use custom-elements and the properties-panel-extension examples and adapt them to my needs.