Custom HTTP client configurator not deployed in Docker container

I am using Camunda’s official Docker image (tomcat-7.5.0) to run my application. I added a file called “org.camunda.connect.spi.ConnectorConfigurator” to project path “META-INF/services” with a reference to custom HttpConnectorConfigurator class (HttpConnectorConfigurator.txt (1.3 KB) ). When I test the application in IDE, it can be seen that the configurator is used instead of default configurator. If add the application to official Docker image and run the container, the default configurator is used instead.

If I bash into the container, I can see that file “org.camunda.connect.spi.ConnectorConfigurator” exists under deployed application folder in specified path. There is also a file with the same name under “engine-rest” application folder, which references the default configurator. Now I modified Dockerfile to overwrite the file under application “engine-rest”, but custom HTTP configurator is still not used.

What could be the cause for that?

HI @Keit_Adamson,

Can you please elaborate on which exact changes you made to the container, i.e. which files at which path did you change, where does your HttpConnectorConfigurator implementation reside?

Just a side note: there is currently no official, i.e. supported, Camunda Docker container. The containers at https://github.com/camunda/docker-camunda-bpm-platform are a community extension.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi @Keit_Adamson,

additionally to @thorben​s comment. I think your problem is not related to the docker container. Maybe you should start to get your configuration running in the normal Camunda tomcat distribution.

Also please note that in the test suite in your IDE you probably use an embedded Camunda engine. Which will scan the classpath of your current project for configurators. In the tomcat you have a shared process engine which will be started when the tomcat starts. Its classpath is the lib folder of the tomcat. The deployments like your process application do not belong to the classpath so the engine will not scan them for configurators. Maybe this is the problem here.

Cheers,
Sebastian

1 Like