How does tasklist communicate with Zeebe Cluster on a task completion

Hi Team,

Learning on Zeebe Engine.

As I understand, ZeebeClients communicate with Zeebe via gateways (using GRPC). Zeebe handles each of these events and processes it or takes actions accordingly.

I would like to understand how will tasklist application communicate a task is completed to Zeebe engine so that the engine updates that event and proceeds to the next task. Here tasklist is internal to Camunda and not acting as any Zeebe Client.

Thanks&Regards,
Saju

Hi @Saju_John_Sebastian1,

under the hood, Tasklist uses the Zeebe Java client as well to complete the tasks. It forwards the push of the “Complete” button to the Complete Job RPC.

Hope this helps, Ingo

In that case where is this Zeebe Client running?
The normal Zeebe client we see run as a separate service.
So where and how does the tasklist application communicate with the zeebe client.

@Ingo_Richtsmeier , Could you share your thoughts on this. I could not visualize how will task list communicate with Zeebe.

Hi @Saju_John_Sebastian1,

the Tasklist is a spring-boot application, that provides a lot of REST APIs and forwards some of them to the Java Zeebe client that is included in the application/container.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thanks @Ingo_Richtsmeier . Now I can relate things.

For the Job Worker communication we have the Zeebe Client that is used externally to communicate with Zeebe Engine (via Gateway).
Similarly for internal communication between task list, we have a Zeebe Client that is running from within the Task list application which will be used to interact with Zeebe Engine (via Gateway).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.