How to correlate a process using business key

I am starting my all BPM processes with business key but I am using process variable to interact between the middle of the processes for correlation seems it is giving performace issue, could anyone please suggest how to interact a process in the middle with business key. Thank you.

My curent command is like this:
List results = execution.getProcessEngine().getRuntimeService().createMessageCorrelation(“UpdateTimer”).processInstanceVariableEquals(“businessKey”, businessKey).setVariables(map).correlateAllWithResult();
if (((List<?>) results).isEmpty()) {
LOGGER.info("Unable to correlate with "+ businessKey);
}

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Venkaiah.

Hello @venky1982 ,

the messageCorrelationBuilder has a method .businessKey() or something similar which can be used to correlate a message to a running process instance with a given business key.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

Thank you for the update jonathan.

Thanks,
Venkaiah.

What’s up brother!? :smiley:

try to use this…

execution.getProcessEngine().getRuntimeService().createMessageCorrelation(“UpdateTimer”).processInstanceBusinessKey("businessKey").......

maybe I didn’t quite understand what you need, but I believe this path might help you!

Regards
William Robert Alves

Thank you @WilliamR.Alves
Got the answers… and you are right I am using the same.

Thanks,
Venkaiah.

1 Like

What’s up brother!? :smiley:

Thanks for helping me out as well. By the way, I want to write a descriptive essay and am seeking for it online. When browsing, I came across this website https://writinguniverse.com/essay-types/descriptive-essays/ which informs me about the essay kinds and allows me to read all of them, which will help me complete my essay.

try to use this…

execution.getProcessEngine().getRuntimeService().createMessageCorrelation(“UpdateTimer”).processInstanceBusinessKey("businessKey").......

maybe I didn’t quite understand what you need, but I believe this path might help you!

Regards
William Robert Alves
Thanks for helping me out as well.

Hellooo @RuthFox !

Welcome to the Camunda community my friend!
I’m happy to be able to help you!

If you need anything, you can call me :smiley: