How to prefix/suffix bpmn process identifier before deploying?

We want to prefix the bpmn files deployed on zeebe engine with some domain specific identifiers to distinguish them across clients/requirements. We tried passing the prefixed identifiers to the deployResource command as resource names but that does not have any effect on the process names shown on operate.

How can I prefix/suffix identifiers to the bpmn file before deploying it to the zeebe cluster without manipulating the bpmn file?

Thanks.

You can try the Process Documentation, and analysis it yourself.

@skayliu - I didn’t catch your input. In our case the business developers design the bpmn files and upload it on our application which is multi-tenant. We want to upload it to the zeebe engine through the deployResource command. While uploading we want to prefix certain identifiers so that we can differentiate bpmn files coming from different tenants.

You can check this out.

@skayliu - This github issue is an open issue (no solution) and talks about namespaces. It does link with this topic but what I mentioned above is kind of a workaround to the problem of organising files in the zeebe engine.

The github issue does talk about another workaround of prefixing job types which I assume refers to the “Type” in the task definition. This workaround leaves it to the business developer that designs the workflow. Am I right?

In our case we don’t want to leave it to the business developer. We want our app to be multi-tenant aware. Hence I am trying a solution of prefixing the process_id with certain identifiers. The question is - how do I add the prefix without manipulating the xml (bpmn) file?

Thanks.

Answer: you can’t.

Zeebe is not multi-tenant aware.

You can add some additional layer to put things in place to give it some tenant-awareness / segregation. You either delegate that to the process designers, or do it in a pre-deployment step using scripted manipulation of the XML.

Josh