How to use embedded task forms?

Hello, I’m wondering if it’s possible to use embedded task forms (HTML and JavaScript) like in Camunda Platform 7 (as documented here)?

It doesn’t seem like it’s possible to attach/upload custom HTML forms to a workflow when deploying from either the Desktop Modeler or Web Modeler.

For my use case, I want to dynamically populate the select/dropdown options in my form using a process variable, whose value is obtained from a job.

I achieved this in Camunda 7 by following this documentation:

Is there a way to do something like this in Camunda 8?

Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

Hi @kevindang88 ,

I do not believe that this is possible in Camunda Platform 8 at this time. Though, if you figure out how to do it, please do let me know as It’s something I’d love to be able to do too!

Best Regards,
dg

Hey @kevindang88

did you already checked out Camunda 8 Forms Feature? Building forms with Modeler | Camunda Platform 8 Would this work for you? What do you miss ? We are happy for any feedback you can provide :slight_smile:

Greets
Chris

How can you even define forms in Camunda Platform 8 besides those form elements available?
There is no guidance at all in the docs.

@frankenbrunnen we use Angular components generated in Apex Designer to build user task pages. You can see the design and run experience in a set of videos in my blog post from last week. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about how we interact with Camunda 8 from Angular.