IAM discovery on Camunda Cloud Self Managed

I am trying to start from your docker-compose.yml and get this to work with the same config.

• Copied your file as docker-compose-iam.yml (with tweaks to point at my actual config files for zeebe and operate)
  • Started the environment with docker-compose -f docker-compose-iam.yml up
  • Navigated to IAM on http://iam-backend:8080
  • Tried to login with test_user@camunda.com / 123 => didn’t work, 401
  • Logged in with demo / 123 => that was unexpected, the login UI says “email” not username. I looked at the database to make sense of what users were in there.
$ psql -h localhost -p 15432 -d iam -U camunda -c "SELECT email,username,password FROM public.iam_user;"

email         | username |                                password                                
-----------------------+----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------
 test_user@camunda.com | demo     | {bcrypt12}$2a$12$cSsT/sGg2mDhcruHlbK0vOCna2lTuaduCp9cN/SRJYVGD5cjAGnCS
(1 ligne)
  • Added the Operate permissions read:* and write:*
  • Attached the permissions to Role “Full Access”
  • Logged out of IAM, and got a Failmunda, I assume we should tweak CLIENTS_0_LOGOUT_URL to a different value.

That’s very good news.

I don’t see how to log out from Operate though, was expecting something under “John Doe” in the upper right corner.