Internal Server Error says: at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)

Hi.

I can’t submit my task form because I take an internal server error.
When I took a look at my server log file (which is uploaded here) I noticed the following log error twice:

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)

Does anyone know please what does it mean?

catalina.2018-07-25.log (41.9 KB)

Thanks,
Steve

Hi @steftriant,

The problem is:

org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.exception.ExceptionHandler.toResponse java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.variable.impl.type.FileValueTypeImpl.createValue(FileValueTypeImpl.java:44)
	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.dto.VariableValueDto.toTypedValue(VariableValueDto.java:123)

Could you please share your process and forms if any.

Best regards,
Yana

1 Like

Hi @Yana.

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes of course, I’m going to upload here my bpmn and html files tonight to check them if you want.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi again @Yana,

I just uploaded my bpmn and html files in my repository “My-first-repo” on GitHub if you could check something.
The submission of my task form is referenced into the insert-products-and-specifications.html file.

Please let me know if you find something.

Thank you,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I tried it but it seems something is wrong with the insert-products-and-specifications.html.
Unfortunately I can’t point what.

Best regards,
Yana

Hi @Yana.

Ok, thanks for your feedback.
I will download the latest version of Camunda and I will try again to submit the same task form in case it plays and I will let you know for any possible results.

Thanks,
Steve