Is it possible to log incidents for failure and still continue with the flow

Hi Team, Is it possible to log incidents for failures/ exception but still continue with the flow.This incident can be pulled later for review.

Regards,
Shilpa Chalke

Hi @ShilpaN.Chalke,

An incident indicates a problem and it blocks the current execute path. Read more about incidents here: Incidents | Camunda 8 Docs

However, you could model a parallel flow using a parallel gateway. If an incident occurs in one flow then the parallel flow can be still executed.

ok. Thanks.

@Philipp_Ossler I have one more question related to incident -

Consider a use case for message correlation followed by a service task which does some business logic calculations -
I received a message correlation event with process variables having incorrect data and hence an error occurred in service task, and incident was created after 3 retries.

Next time I received another new message correlation with process variables, but this time with correct data and the service task passed. Now I want to close/ cancel the incident raised earlier due to data issue. Can this be achieved through Operate or Programmatically ?

Regards,
Shilpa Chalke

Good question. :+1:

Can this be achieved through Operate or Programmatically ?

In Operate, you could mark the incident as resolved and retry the service task.

Or, you could model this part directly in your process. For example, by using a message boundary event on the service task. Assuming that the task failed because of missing data. If a new message is received, the task is executed again and the previous incident is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.