Is there any way to test my code without cleaning, installing and deploying my process?

Hi to everyone.

I have been trying many times to test my code snippets from the html files in my eclipse in order to see the corresponding user task forms in Tasklist and so I have to clean my last maven project, install the new one and deploy my war files in the server each time. So, I would like to ask here if there is any other way to avoid doing all these things each time I want to test my code.

Thank you,
Steve

Hi @steftriant,

one way could be to open the HTML file directly from the webapps folder. That means, you deploy your war file and then you can find your extracted war in the webapps folder. From there, you can open the HTML file for changes.

Cheers
kristin

Hi also here @kristin.

Thanks a lot! And so, if I log in the Camunda Tasklist, have I to start a new process instance (or merely to load a pending user task form) in order to see my changes in the forms?

Cheers,
Steve

@kristin, I tried it and is ok. By this way, I don’t need to start a new process instance. Merely, I have to copy my modified html file from the webapp folder of src->main->webapp->forms of my workspace folder and paste it in the respective forms folder of the server. :wink:

Cheers,
Steven

Hi @steftriant,

good news that it works for you. Right, you don’t need to start a new process instance. You can reload the form of the pending task and see the changes.

Cheers
kristin

1 Like

Yes, of course @kristin.
This is the easy task of my process application, I hope to find also a solution for the piece of code. I think that I have to deal with Programming in depth :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers
Steven