Control signal scope activation

Hi,
I suppose that this is not part of the BPMN standard, but I would find interesting and useful for the modeler and process engine to be able to set an scope for the signal events.
I think it would be a great idea to be able to define such scopes, for instance:

• intra subProcess: the thrown signal would have effect only in the subprocess it was fired
  • intra processInstance: the thrown signal would have effect only in the processInstance it was fired
  • intra processDefinition: the thrown signal would have effect only in the processInstances of the processDefinition (or maybe processDefinition bussiness key to avoid versioning problems) it was fired in.

I know it can be done programatically, but I think this should be available for example in intermediate throw signal events and signal border events.

Hi @mabertran,

thank you for a suggestion, in general we stick to the standard while implementing bpmn symbols. With that said, you can always create a feature request in our JIRA if you have a good description of your use-case (or problem) that has to be solved and propose a solution to it.

Cheers,
Askar

OK, thank you. I’ll make an issue.