Issues with Timer Event

Hi team,
I’m having issues getting the timer event to complete when it is longer than one day. I’m not sure if it’s an issue with Camunda or an issue with our code/environments. The interesting part is that the timer completes if it is a short interval.

Can someone please help me confirm that this isn’t a Camunda issue?

I set my process variable (remindDate) in a script task before the timer in the format YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ.

execution.setVariable(remindDate, '2021-01-27T20:23:00Z');

Then, in the timer event, I reference that process variable in the definition:
1-28-2021 5-02-21 PM

I know the format of the date is correct because if I set the date to 10 minutes later, it completes. However, when I set the date 1 day ahead, when the remindDate passes, the process does not move to the next task.

Does anybody have any ideas about what might be going on here, or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Have you checked that the time on the Job is what you expect when setting the variable?
It’s quite easy to check this in cockpit

1 Like

Hi Niall, thank you for the fast response.

It looks like the due dates between the process variables and the job activity do match:

(It’s only letting me add 1 screenshot per post since I’m a new user)

Here is how the timer is configured:

From the timer documentation, configuring it like this seemed correct to me. Does this look okay? Could the issue be that I don’t have the Retry Time Cycle configured?

Thanks again,
Hannah

I cannot recall having problems when setting the absolute date of a timer…
There could be a few other things that could make it look like the timer is not working - fx something later in the process which causes an incident and makes the process rollback to the timer?

Perhaps the timer is not being picked up - have you looked at this:

https://forum.camunda.io/t/timers-doesnt-work-after-server-restart/20167

BR
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

This seems like it is most likely the issue. Our dev servers are on a schedule and turn off every night. I’ll look into this forum and see if I can figure it out from there. Thanks!

1 Like

Interesting that this is happening @hwilloug are you using the newest version of Camunda?

Hi Michael, this (setting jobExecutorDeploymentAware to false in bpm-platform.xml) solved my issue!! Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

Hi Hannah

Glad you got it working.

BR
Michael