Message flow in User task

Hi,

Use case : Once user click on a user task, need to perform a feasiblity check against a DMN followed by an API call and then let user know if that action can be accepted or rejected.

Please guide me how can we perform this with BPMN.

I am assuming message flow on a user task might help but I haven’t used it before so quite not sure.

Thank you in advance!

@Vidya_Shettar Non-interrupted boundary message event followed by a DMN service task in a synchronous execution pattern will solve this. Alternatively, You can directly call the decision service api to evaluate the inputs and based on the result you can set the context.

DecisionService decisionService = BpmPlatform.getDefaultProcessEngine().getDecisionService();

DmnDecisionTableResult decisionTableResult = decisionService
	.evaluateDecisionTableByKey(decisionDefinitionKey, decisionVariablesMap);

Hello,

Thank you!
I have to call a DMN followed by a service task for evaluation, which can be added in a sequence following non-interrupted message.
I did not understand how can I convey the outcome of evaluation back to user task?

Business requirement:
User should be given an option to cancel the request but once clicks on cancellation at back end will need to evaluate if cancellation is feasible. Based on which either request has to be cancelled or cancellation rejected has to propagated to UI.

We are thinking to create a user task for cancel button on UI but how to respond back the evaluation result is the question.

Thank you in advance!