MQTT-Camunda Bridge not running

Hi,
I’m playing around with the MQTT-Camunda-Bridge-Example provided by zambrovski using Github: GitHub - zambrovski/mqtt-camunda-bpm: A bridge to map events on MQTT to BPM elements based on Camunda BPM Engine.

After cloning (git clone), packing (mvn package) and copying the resulting mqtt-camunda-bridge.jar and mqtt-camunda-example.war into the standalone->deplayments folder of Wildfly, Wildfly is not able to integrate the new MQTT-functionality correctly.

During Wildfly startup, the following info is provided:

WARN [org.jboss.modules] (Weld Thread Pool – 1) Failed to define class de.techjava.mqtt.camunda.bpm.LoggingDelegate in Module “deployment.mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar:main” from Service Module Loader: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link de/techjava/mqtt/camunda/bpm/LoggingDelegate (Module “deployment.mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar:main” from Service Module Loader): org/camunda/bpm/engine/delegate/JavaDelegate

INFO [org.jboss.weld.Bootstrap] (Weld Thread Pool – 1) WELD-000119: Not generating any bean definitions from de.techjava.mqtt.camunda.bpm.LoggingDelegate because of underlying class loading error: Type Failed to link de.techjava.mqtt.camunda.bpm.LoggingDelegate (Module “deployment.mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar:main” from Service Module Loader): org.camunda.bpm.engine.delegate.JavaDelegate not found. If this is unexpected, enable DEBUG logging to see the full error.

However, both modules (bridge and example) seem to get deployed sucessfully:

INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 35) WFLYSRV0010: Deployed "mqtt-camunda-examples-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.war" (runtime-name : "mqtt-camunda-examples-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.war")

INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 35) WFLYSRV0010: Deployed "mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar" (runtime-name : "mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar")

Any idea what is wrong? Thanks!

Hi @fnord,

it seems that there is something wrong with the class loading. The bridge tries to access the class from another module but the module is not imported. Please share the Wildfly module descriptors of both modules.

Best regards,
Philipp

Hi @Philipp_Ossler,
I am a colleague of @fnord. I think the problem occurred because of a wrong maven built or (what I think) the deployment of both, the war and the jar archive. When building again I found out that the jar file has been included in the war file. So I deployed only the war file and it seems to work.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@tanktoo, I do the same thing but I have this error (The complete error is on attach):
“16:04:42,147 WARN [org.jboss.modules.define] (Weld Thread Pool – 4) {} Failed to define class de.techjava.mqtt.camunda.comm.MqttReceiver in Module “deployment.mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar” from Service Module Loader: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link de/techjava/mqtt/camunda/comm/MqttReceiver (Module “deployment.mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar” from Service Module Loader): Failed to link de/techjava/mqtt/camunda/comm/MqttCallbackAdapter (Module “deployment.mqtt-camunda-bridge-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar” from Service Module Loader): org/eclipse/paho/client/mqttv3/MqttCallback”

I tried compile and deploy this plugin paho.mqtt.java/org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3 at master · eclipse/paho.mqtt.java · GitHub but have the same error…