Multiple Node with Timer Event

Hi All,

Need Some clarification, i am creating a process definition with timer start event, which needs to start the process every 1h. If i have multiple nodes will there be single process instance will be started or will be there be duplicate process instance will be started by each node

Thanks in Advance

After one an hour a new instance will start an will not be affected by any instances started before it or after it.

Hi @gowtham_m

Even if you have multiple nodes, the database is shared and jobs including timer jobs are persisted to the database table ACT_RU_JOB . Job acquisition is concerned with polling this database table and locking jobs so locked job can’t get acquired from a different node.

right for the time start event, will there be job created? i understand about intermediate time events but since its a start timer event i am concerned will be there instances created by multiple nodes at the same time,

@Niall no way multiple instances will be created at the same, is it possible , as they will be using shared database

I believe what @Niall is saying is that as per your timer configuration a new instance gets created every 1 hour and this is not related to having multiple nodes.

Yes, even for a start-timer event a job is created.

1 Like

thanks for the info