Unable to start the process

Hi,

I am getting an error like,
“The process could not be started. : Cannot instantiate process definition Process_1:7:aca1c2f6-87a3-11e6-b706-f0def106b577: condition expression returns non-Boolean: result has class java.lang.String and not java.lang.Boolean”

Here is my bpmn loan-approval.bpmn (99.6 KB)

Can you please help me out.

Regards,
Srini

Hi @Srini,

You have a condition flow with expression ${Application_Status=='complete'} or ${Application_Status=='incomplete'}. This is going to evaluate to the String true or false or whatever the sub expressions resolve to. I think the proper way would be ${Application_Status=='complete' or Application_Status=='incomplete'}, i.e. having the logical operator as part of the expression.

Cheers,
Thorben

2 Likes

Hi @thorben,

Thanks for the reply but still having the same error.
Here is the log file, catalina.2016-10-06.log (33.9 KB)

Regards,
Srini

Hi @Srini,

How do you start the process instance? Do you pass the necessary variables when you start the process instance?

Cheers,
Roman

Hi @roman.smirnov,

I created the form fields. Once I click on start process, it will open the form where I will fill the details. But once I click on submit, I am getting above mentioned error.

Regards,
Srini

Can you please implement a unit test and publish it on github? You can use the unit testing template as a starter: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-engine-unittest