Object Type changed when updated via TaskList

Logically, If the problem does not occur without pressing “Load Variables” then apparently the area which seems problematic is where data is being sent to the server from the form, right?

I tried the same setup with 7.14.0 and that version does not allow to load all variables in the current execution. It means this behavior is 7.15+.

By the way, tried with 7.16.0-alpha2 and issue exists in that version as well.

@Hammad_Dar you say it did not work, but again you did not provide any of the debugging information, a screenshot of tasklist network inspector showing the API calls, etc. You need help me so we can help you…

If you would have provided the screenshots as requested for task list we could have seen your problem is due the handling of the escaping:

Load Variables:

submit:

and we can then see in cockpit that your object is wrapped in your DTO:

and we can see an incident which you did not mention:

So yes it would seem that the UI is not handling application/json serialization in the way you would expect.

This behaviour only seems to happen with the “Object” handling in tasklist.

IMO with the screenshots above you have enough to log a jira ticket as a potential ui bug (unless there is some sort of behaviour that is excepted given your use of json - where json is a weird type of object to pass: In other object types you are passing a serialized value (string of the object), but in the JSON example it is returning the json unescaped, and then submitting it back as escaped and the deserializer is unable to handle it.

Also to be clear: The problem is not occurring because it selected “Load Variables”. The problem is occurring because it is submitting variables (one of which is the DTO you collected through the Load Variables button) back into the engine.

Hello @StephenOTT - My initial comments have the URL, the payload being sent to the server and my initial understanding as well, which is correct as you confirmed it, that object type is being changed due to the json which is received. It becomes String and TextNode is created against this value by Jackson.

“Load Variables” is the interaction and the starting point and that is why it is mentioned.

I am not sure if really it is necessary to post all the details again when those are already shared and even a project is updated after you asked to check with DelegateExpression. Which implies that all the input I provided, the project I shared were not looked at as well.

All the community driven projects require smallest possible setup which produces the issue whenever there is some query on the support forums. I frankly do not understand what that is not enough here.

Any news on this?

I have another project suffering from the same issue.

There’s this jira ticket [CAM-13463] Deserialisation fails for objects after saving generic form in Tasklist - camunda JIRA