Spin plugin dependency

Hi,

I tried to integrate the spin plugin in my embedded process engine (7.4.0) with following maven dependencies.

<dependency>
		<groupId>org.camunda.bpm</groupId>
	 	<artifactId>camunda-engine-plugin-spin</artifactId>
	</dependency>

<dependency>
		<groupId>org.camunda.spin</groupId>
		<artifactId>camunda-spin-dataformat-json-jackson</artifactId>
	</dependency>

<dependency>
		<groupId>org.camunda.spin</groupId>
		<artifactId>camunda-spin-core</artifactId>
	</dependency>

Unfortunately I get following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jayway/jsonpath/spi/JsonProvider

I analysed that camunda class JsonPathJacksonProvider implements com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.JsonProvider. The json-path version shipped with camunda-spin-dataformat-json-jackson is 0.9.1 . All newe versions have a runtime class com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.json.JsonProvider, so this could not work.

The latest json-path version which has no “json” in package name is 0.9.1. So in my opinion actually it is not able to use camunda-spin-dataformat-json-jackson maven artifact with newer json path version.

Will there be an update of this dependendy in future?

Best regards,

Markus

1 Like

Hi Markus,

Your analysis is correct. Have a look at the following github pull request on that topic: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-spin/pull/7

Feel free to continue the efforts made there to upgrade the json-path version.

Cheers,
Thorben

I faced the same issue and had to remove Spin plugin again, because json-path 0.9.1 is not compatible with SpEL #jsonPath, which I also need.

I already forked the repo and started to prepare a pull request, but it will take a while until I have time to finish it, so if you are faster, feel free :slight_smile:

@stefanzilske stefanzilske

I also just this morning untangled a few dependencies associated with the SPIN library.

I may also take a closer look at this… I also spent a little time this morning untangling and then re-testing some functionality.

1 Like