Process instance id values are not storing in comments table

process instance id(column name in comments table “proc_inst_id_”) values are not storing in comments table. I am using camunda 7.3. Help me regarding this issue?

Hi @somehanu,

Could you please elaborate this a bit more in detail? What did you expect and what was the actual behavior? What are the steps to reproduce it?

Cheers,
Roman

the task is created and assigned to user and user commented on task. When the user Commented data is saving in the camunda “act_hi_comment” table. In the “act_hi_comment” table “proc_inst_id_” (Process Instance Id) is not saving.

Hi @somehanu,

When you say, that user commented on that task, did it happend in tasklist? Nevertheless, it is the expected behavior, when you create task comment that comment does not have a reference to the process instance. Why is for you necessary that the column PROC_INST_ID_ is filled in that case?

Cheers,
Roman

Yes, a user commented on the task, and I want to fetch the all the comments for the process instance id.

Hi @somehanu,

This is currently not possible, since a comment can only be related to task or a process instance. In you use case you have to select all user tasks for a given process instance and then you can fetch the comments for each user task.

Cheers,
Roman

thanks for the reply.