Process instance list in cockpit does not update

Hi @sdorokhova and thanks for getting back to me. After quite a bit of tinkering it seems that this is closely related to the issue I had here: Problems with persistance: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object

When I add <no-tx-separate-pools /> to my datasource this problem arises. If I turn it off again the new processes are shown as expected, but then I get the problems with the XAER_OUTSIDE exceptions again. As I stated earlier it seems like the cockpit is running transactions outside of the xa pools that I have defined and set my ProcessEngine to use. When these are run without the separate pools they fail as they are outside the global transaction. If I enable separate pools for these transactions they seem to be “hanging” for a long while before the transaction eventually is recycled and then committed and returned to the pool?

This is quite easily reproducable with the integrated wildfly camunda application with the data source from standard.xml in the jira bug report I filed here:

https://app.camunda.com/jira/browse/CAM-8426

This seems to be a problem with the Cockpit on Wildfly with MariaDB/Mysql XA-Datasources. It is consistent through versions 7.5-7.8.

The processes are started correcly, the instances are there, they are simply just not listed. If I restart Wildfly or just wait for a long time they appear. Also if I go to the process-instance directly in the cockpit by using its’ id it works like a charm. So clearly this is some data “hanging” somewhere…

Is there anything else I could do to get this to work? Getting a bit exhausted and this may actually be a show stopper for us.

Thanks!