Process to Deploy a Process?

Anyone ever create a process that is used to deploy other processes and related files through the rest API?

Just a quick thought I had today, and was thinking would be a interesting exercise.

A while ago i created a little process in which you could upload, review and then deploy BPMN and DMN processes. You can find it here. It also has a related process to delete deployments.

It doesn’t cater for other artifacts - but i don’t think it would be too much work to add that.

2 Likes

@Niall, did you make a single process vs multiple processes (Deploy, delete) for reasons other than simplicity of the example?

No other reason then simplicity, it’s of course not required to run the delete process after the upload.

Ya. Was thinking of setting up the Deploy Process, and UnDeploy as separate processes. Was just curious on your thought process. I figured it was just simplicity :slight_smile:

Well, they are deployed as two different processes. The “Deploy Process” happens to call the “UnDeploy” process as a call activity.

This could of course be removed if you’d rather not have the “UnDeploy” always follow after Deploy.