Security for Camunda based App

The application I have developed provides custom dashboard, custom task list for user to to work and complete the task and other features.
Now I want to apply security to the application. We have SSO requirement that will be applied. There are custom roles that are required for the user. Where/how can I specify the custom roles when provisioning the user in cockpit?
I plan to use spring security framework to control authorizations on the pages in the app. how can I map any custom roles (if I can define them in cockpit) to spring security?

Thanks
adat

Hi @adat,

What do you mean by “custom roles”?
In Camunda webapps we support only users and groups. Maybe you are referring to groups?

Best regards,
Yana

Yana,

Yes you are right. I figured it out after posting that Groups can be used as my custom roles.
How can I map the SSO user with the Groups?

I plan to use spring security through which I can extract the siteminder user and then I make a second check against the User/groups configured in camunda. Is this the right approach?

SSO User-> filter1 (to extract the SM user)->Filter2 (to check the user authorization f using Camunda API/Authprovider) - > give/deny access. Does this look right?

Thanks
@ADAT

Hi @adat,

maybe this code snippet could be helpful for you. It contains an example of how to integrate Camunda with Spring boot:

Cheers,
Ben

2 Likes

Ben

Thanks so much for that link. You saved my day…This is what I was I was looking for.

@adat

1 Like