Sending Mail by SendGrid using connector in Camunda 8 Self Managed Failed

Hi everyone,
I configured mail (using SendGrid) with connector in camunda 8 using Camunda 8 SaaS SendGrid connector | Camunda Platform 8 and it is working fine , I am able to send mail , Now I want same configuration with my self managed configuration using docker , where should I give my secret key in java instead of Clusters ( Secret Key)? Can we trigger SendGrid Mail without secret key( API key) ? Instead of Secret key I have given direct Mail API key in BPMN Still not able to send mail , Any document or suggestion is helpful ? Thanx in advance

Hey @Avinash_Rawat,
in Camunda Platform 8 SaaS, the provided connectors are operated by Camunda offered in the scope of the product. In Camunda Platform 8 Self-Managed, the user can employ the same concept of element templates and job workers to provide their connector landscape.
So the SendGrid Connecter is not shipped in the self-managed Version of Camunda 8. But if you use the element templates you can create one by yourself. :slight_smile:

Best,
Thomas

1 Like

Hi @Hafflgav,
I went through Element Templates documents Configuring template , there were two options for configuration
**1. Retrieve from Cawemo **
2. Local filesystem
As I do not have Enterprise version , So I can not retrieve from Cawemo. Then I went with Local fileSystem method , In user Data Directory I added folders and added json file but I am facing below errors :-
Cannot destructure property ‘frames’ of ‘t’ as it is undefined.
[C:\Users\AvinashRavat\Downloads\diagram_4.bpmn] template C:\Camunda\resources\element-templates\my-element-templates.json parse error: Unexpected token } in JSON at position 339

When I am creating for custom class template with service task it is working fine with below code:-

{
“$schema”: “https://unpkg.com/@camunda/element-templates-json-schema@0.7.0/resources/schema.json”,
“name”: “Mail Task”,
“id”: “com.camunda.example.MailTask”,
“appliesTo”: [“bpmn:ServiceTask”],
“properties”: [
{
“label”: “Implementation Type”,
“type”: “String”,
“value”: “com.mycompany.MailTaskImpl”,
“editable”: false,
“binding”: {
“type”: “property”,
“name”: “camunda:class”
}
},
{
“label”: “Sender”,
“type”: “camunda:inputParameter”,
“name”: “sender”
},
“constraints”: {
“notEmpty”: true
}
},
{
“label”: “Receivers”,
“name”: “receivers”
},
}
},
{
“label”: “Template”,
“description”: “By the way, you can use freemarker templates ${…} here”,
“value”: “Hello ${firstName}!”,
“type”: “Text”,
“name”: “messageBody”,
“scriptFormat”: “freemarker”
},
}
},
{
“label”: “Result Status”,
“description”: “The process variable to which to assign the send result to”,
“value”: “mailSendResult”,
“type”: “camunda:outputParameter”,
“source”: “${ resultStatus }”
}
},
{
“label”: “Async before?”,
“type”: “Boolean”,
“name”: “camunda:asyncBefore”
}
}
]
}

But when I am trying with custom connector template with service task getting error

{
“name”: “ConnectorGetTask”,
“id”: “my.connector.http.get.Task”,
“appliesTo”: [
“bpmn:Task”
],
“properties”: ,
“scopes”: [
{
“type”: “camunda:Connector”,
“properties”: [
{
“label”: “ConnectorId”,
“value”: “My Connector HTTP - GET”,
“name”: “connectorId”
}
},

]
}
]
}
Error:-
Cannot destructure property ‘frames’ of ‘t’ as it is undefined.
[C:\Users\AvinashRavat\Downloads\diagram_4.bpmn] template C:\Camunda\resources\element-templates\my-element-templates.json parse error: Unexpected token } in JSON at position 339

Can you tell me why this error ? Json file will change accordingly our need ? Can you refer me any json file related document , I am doing something wrong in json file only.

Regards,
Avinash

Hi @Hafflgav ,
Did you go through above my solution ?
Any Suggestion or document is helpful !

This is saying that your JSON file C:\Camunda\resources\element-templates\my-element-templates.json file is not valid. Specifically you have a } where it shouldn’t be.

Hey @Avinash_Rawat!
I might have mistaken something - It might be the case that the integration framework for connectors on Self-managed is not released yet. @aleksander-dytko am I right that this functionality is going to be released in the next version? :thinking:

1 Like

okay @Hafflgav But as you told to create Element template in Camunda 8 self managed and then I tried with Local file system as I do not have enterprise version . Configuring templates | Camunda Platform 8 , Below I am able to use custom Element Template .

Then I configured Rest connectors input/output Below you can see

Then I ran my spring code for process deployment , I am facing Below Issue while deploying process

Any Help or suggestion is appreciable @Hafflgav @aleksander-dytko @davidgs @amara.graham @Niall @jonathan.lukas Thanx in Advance
Regards,
Avinash

Could it be @Avinash_Rawat that you are using a Camunda 7 BPMN diagram for modelling purposes? The underlying XML is not compatible with Camunda 8.

No @Hafflgav, Actually I am using Camunda 8 Modeler for BPMN diagram in that I manually Configured Element Template for Rest Connector , You can check below diagram
restconnector.bpmn (2.9 KB)

@PreetiNirwal could you take a look at this issue with element templates? Maybe you’ve seen it somewhere else :thinking:

1 Like

Hi @Avinash_Rawat,

in the XML the zeebe:taskDefinition type="http" is defined twice (lines 14 and 22):

Please check or share your element template definition to get an idea if it may be an issue with the element template framework.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier Thank you,
As you told there are two task definition in XML , I removed one , now I am able to deploy my Process by Spring Boot Thank you but Now I am facing Issue in my Element Template Here is the Element Template file which I am using in my local desktop modeler . when I am adding that Json file (Element Template ) then I am getting below connectors in that I am selecting Rest Connectors

Properties I am giving down, here is External API

My token is getting stop here only on Rest connector Activity.
Any Help is appreciable
Regards,
Avinash

Hi @Avinash_Rawat,

you need a worker to execute the rest calls. This project may help you further: GitHub - camunda-community-hub/zeebe-http-worker: Zeebe worker for HTTP calls

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier Thanx ,
Actually I have already one Zeebe worker in my code , Can you check once my code ? Rest Connector Git HUB code

I will go once with your given github example.
Thanx,
Avinash

Hi @Avinash_Rawat,

in your process model you have a service task with taskDefinition "http". Your worker subscribes for taskDefinition (type) "connector".

This is why the task is not executed in the process instance. taskDefinition in the bpmn has to match the type in the worker.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier ,
Thanks for above solution by using GitHub - camunda-community-hub/zeebe-http-worker: Zeebe worker for HTTP calls this code I am able to complete my job and getting Rest API’s response to the Process , But same job I want to complete from Docker Image , I am running docker but job is not completing .
Any example or help is appreciable,
Thanks,
Avinash