Show processInstances of all versions

Heard about that feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

I have often the problem that I want to have an overview about all running process instances within the same process definition. So, it would be very nice if I could select “All versions” while I am in Cockpit Dashboard->Processes->MyProcessDefintion. Additionally, the table should have a Version column.

Off course, there are other ways to get this information, but would be nice if that would also exist.

BR
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

interesting idea and thanks for the feedback! We also display the diagram on the definition page. If we would have a list of instances of all versions on this page, which diagram should we display? After all, it could have changed over the course of multiple versions. Do you already have an idea of how to solve this?

Also, we already have the search functionality on the processes dashboard. Using that you can get a list of all process instances for all versions of a process definition. What would be the advantage of having the same thing on the definition page?

I am happy to hear your thoughts about that :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

the problem is that not everyone is familiar with this “query language” in search even if it is quite simple for technical guys, but the process definition page is quite simple. You can click on a hopefully well-named process definition and see below all running process instances.

On the left menu, there is a part “Instances Running:” with “all versions: ?” variable. Maybe it would be possible to make this clickable and redirects to the process dashboard and predefining the search filter related to the current process definition? And the column version would be nice, but I just remembered that it is also part of the Definition ID. So, that’s not really necessary.

Best Regards,
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

I find the search functionality quite easy to understand, but I am a “technical guy”, so maybe my view is skewed :slight_smile:

I think the idea of providing a link to a pre-filled search for all instances could be done. Do you want to create a feature request ticket in Jira?

Best Regards
Sebastian