Small "Issues" with the setup instructions for Camunda 8

Hey guys,

I just installed the Camunda Platform 8 Self-Managed via Docker(compose) and found two small issues towards the instructions. I wasn’t sure where to mention these issues, so I thought I should quickly visit the forum.

1: Docker Compose - Camunda States at Step 3 that the user shall use “docker compose up” to set up the containers. It should be docker-compose up.

2: Step 1 links to a file named “docker-compose-core.yaml” which docker wont recognize as a configuration file. The issue gets stated in the console and is easy to fix by renaming the file to “docker-compose.yaml”, still it may be better to store these files in two seperate folders on the git.

I’m sure for people familiar with Docker the issues aren’t even worth mentioning. But perhaps in the spirit of a “comfymunda”-setup small adjustments could be made.

Greetings

1 Like

Hi @MTSebi

Thanks for reporting this and making the world a better place.

Which version of docker are you using? In newer versions of docker, the compose command was introduced to replace the docker-compose binary.

You are right about the docker-compose-core.yaml file, you are correct. We need to either:

1. Instruct the user to rename the file to docker-compose-core.yaml file to docker-compose.yaml, or
  2. Instruct the user to run docker compose -f docker-compose-core.yaml.

I will find out who is responsible for maintaining this page and get it updated.

Josh

1 Like

Hey @jwulf !

I’m using the version 20.10.13. But you are right the change you stated also gets mentioned in the Docker release-notes. So I guess its just a “me-problem” which is related to my local machine. (Maybe Windows?)

I marked your answer as the solution.

Thanks for your reply!

Sebastian