Spring Boot starter - Unable to run EvaluateDecisionCommand

Hi I want to try the new DMN invocation via the API (released with 8.2.0-alpha5). I have the below 2 dependencies in my pom.xml.

I am expecting that the Zeebe-client-java dependency would resolve to the latest alpha release and I would be able to invoke the newEvaluateDecisionCommand.

FinalCommandStep createCommand = client.newEvaluateDecisionCommand()
.decisionId(“benchmark-decision”)
.variables(variables);

However, I get an AbstractMethodError that EvaluateDecisionCommandStep1 is abstract.

Am I missing anything here?

Receiver class io.camunda.zeebe.spring.client.lifecycle.ZeebeClientLifecycle does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method 'abstract io.camunda.zeebe.client.api.command.EvaluateDecisionCommandStep1 newEvaluateDecisionCommand()' of interface io.camunda.zeebe.client.ZeebeClient.

<dependency>
      <groupId>io.camunda</groupId>
      <artifactId>zeebe-client-java</artifactId>
      <version>8.2.0-alpha5</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
      <groupId>io.camunda</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring-zeebe-starter</artifactId>
      <version>8.1.17</version>
    </dependency>
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method io/camunda/zeebe/spring/client/lifecycle/ZeebeClientLifecycle.newEvaluateDecisionCommand()Lio/camunda/zeebe/client/api/command/EvaluateDecisionCommandStep1; is abstract
	at io.camunda.zeebe.spring.client.lifecycle.ZeebeClientLifecycle.newEvaluateDecisionCommand(ZeebeClientLifecycle.java)

Hi,

Just today, I tested this myself :slight_smile:
I used the java client in version 8.2.0-alpha5 and everything worked out. I guess the 8.1.17 has not implemented the call yet.

HI Stephan,

Yes, I have to also use spring-zeebe-starter - 8.2.0-alpha1, as this release of spring Zeebe has this implemented.