Java Query API : "or" and "endOr" clause

Good day all,

I’m an Activiti user and would like to evaluate Camunda which I find very interesting.
However the missing feature that blocked me since the beginning is the “or” and “endOr” condition while writing Java queries.
I found in the docs that this could be done with Native queries, but the problem is that the pagination will be broken.
Therefore I decided to invite those who need it like me to vote the feature request in the link below :
CAM-4972 JIRA

Thanks,
Ilalaina.

1 Like

Hi,

Since you are familiar with the Activiti API, would you mind adding a short description of the current Activiti features (e.g. what is “or”, what is “endOr”?) to the ticket? You could also comment which functionality you find most useful. That helps build the best API :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Thorben

1 Like

OK, here is an example. The code lists all user tasks having variable var1 = val 1 or var2 = val2 :
List<Task> tasks = taskService.createTaskQuery() .or() .taskVariableValueEquals("var1", "val1") .taskVariableValueEquals("var2", "val2") .endOr() .list();

Hi,

thank you for your patience!

OR queries in tasks are included in our latest developer preview which we have just released. :tada:
Here you can find the related blog post.

Your feedback is highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tassilo

1 Like