User Management

Hi ,

I want to integrate camunda with another application. I have seprate application for a different purpose , i want to use its user management tables to authorize and authenticate camunda.

Can anyone suggest an idea for doing this.

Is there any way to directly integrates tables with camunda without using LDAP servers…

Does camunda using container level authentication ?

Could we use JDBC relam to configure user management ?

Thanks
John

see the Identity Service - basically creating your own identity provider:
https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.5/user-guide/process-engine/identity-service/

If you need lower levels of access, you could modify the engine or build a wrapper around the API in your application.

We did this using DDD Repository model and the PHP SDK.

Question is: Do you want your application to be the app that manages access to Camunda? or you want camunda to manage this?

Question is: Do you want your application to be the app that manages access to Camunda? or you want camunda to manage this?

The application we have is an information system and we have some user db as well. I dont want to use my existing application to control camunda. Only thing i want is to use existing user database for camunda also .

Is it possible to write JDBC realm to authenticate user management in camunda ?

I go through the link you provided. It basically talks about LDAP as an alternative , am searching some other interface to connect my user db with camunda

@Scorpion I was referring to the section of that page that talks about implementing custom ID provider:

In order to provide a custom identity provider implementation, the following interfaces can be implemented:

org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.identity.ReadOnlyIdentityProvider
org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.identity.WritableIdentityProvider

@StephenOTT So how to remove the current identity providers from the system and use the custom ?