Starting process issues

Hi there,
when starting a process instance, cammunda try to retrieve all the process definition of that one and takes too much time doing this ?
exple:
process x has 600 version => he tries all the 600 versions , and expose warnings in the logs due to those past versions…
how can i force camunda use and retrieve only the last version ?
Thanks in advance.

Which call are you using to start a process instance?

hi,
we are using this one : POST /process-definition/key/{process-instance}/tenant-id/{tenant-id}/start

I don’t think this is normal behavior, can you explain how you came to this conclusion?

Hi,
I don’t think this is normal behavior, can you explain how you came to this conclusion?
=> i 've checked the logs and i found warnings about definitions that are in old versions, for example for 40 definitions version i have 40 warnings about the same definition. so as a little solution i keep only 10 last versions so the memory used decreases and the application is fluid enough… as conclusion, if i have many version (1000 v) the process are inusable. (using a vue js front)

@Niall and @CHAOUCH_Hamza , did you find any solution for this ? Actually i am facing the same issue in camunda 7.11 version. Please help me out to resolve this issue.